This position has been created to start with in-house hardware engineering and build a new team. As Teamlead Hardware Engineering this will be your mean goal: to build a team and create in-house hardware engineering and as a result hardware manufacturing for all agricultural systems and applications.
As a person you are experienced with hardware engineering and a people person. Using your communicative and social skills, you are able to hire the right engineers and create a high performing team.
The Teamlead Hardware Engineering has the main goal to build a new hardware engineering team, to develop, design and build hardware in-house. As of now the company acquires hardware partnered with contractors. Starting this management position, you will analyze the required skills and knowledge needed in the team, and start recruiting and hiring engineers for the new team. In doing so the team will grow to 3 till 5 in 2023 and up until 8 till 10 in 2024.
Working together with the multidisciplinary engineering team at the Dutch offices in Noord-Holland, you will setup a roadmap and form a strategy to grow as a team and obtain the right recourses needed to build all needed hardware for international agricultural applications.
You will report to the Engineering Manager in The Netherlands. Who reports to the VP Engineering (global).
In this position you will be working at the Dutch offices in Noord-Holland. You will receive great responsibility and flexibility to achieve the set goals in way you see fit. Hiring your own team yourself and setting up the hardware road map yourself. You have the opportunity to create new hardware designs and test the hardware in-house (at one of two offices in The Netherlands).
Your main salary is depending on your qualifications, degrees and relevant working experience. Salary is estimated between € 5.000,- and € 6.500,- gross / month (fulltime). Secondary benefits meet the Dutch high standard. Including pension regulation, vacation fee and bonus. Possibility to work from home, but also work at both Dutch offices in the Noord-Holland Province.
- BSc/MSc degree in Electrical or Hardware Engineering, or related degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience in hardware engineering. Preferably in OEM or related product design and development. You show PCB design and development understanding, as well as multidisciplinary product development.
- As a person you show great communicative, social and management skills. You are an entrepreneur and able to be proactive, hiring and building a team.
- Building this new team, means you have to relate to practical applications, hardware design and communicate on all levels (shop floor, clients, suppliers and highly skilled engineers).
- Your English language proficiency is at least at C1 level. And you are willing to live or relocate to the Noord-Holland area. Remote working is not possible. Working from home is possible, but not dominant.
The Dutch organization is part of a multinational company, and responsible for product development and sales for the EMEA area. Their products are high-tech precision systems for agricultural applications. The products and related systems are an important part of future agricultural development and innovations.
Last few years the Dutch office has been expanding engineering to focus on complete in-house product development, design, testing and market implementation. As of now the total Dutch engineering team is estimated on 23 people.